Friday, January 20, 2012

Mug Rugs

I got my fabric together and been dreaming about how I wanted to do my
mug rugs. I made for all my friends but I have none. I decided in pinwheel..
I'm so excited to get these going. I'll take you step by step.........First my fabric is cut into
10" squares. I put right sides together and sew all the way around the square.

Than cut point to point both ways......Iron open and lay it out however you want it to match.

I wanted mine to be the pinwheel. Use your imagination and lay it out how ever you like the pattern.
I had done a blue before,didn't know I got it in the picture. This is so easy to do pinwheels this way.
Not a lot of cutting and matching . It just opens up a whole new world of  fast and fabulous patterns.



Than just sew the top two together careful to match seams. Sew the two bottom together. Than sew across again matching points together.....Be sure you press each time you sew, it really helps when matching seams. And always when matching do one seam one way and the other the other way.

I hope you can see how I sewed across. Than I cliped the seams close to middle and opened
the middle up. This will help with the bulk of material at the middle. Be sure you press it open.
This is such a wonderful trick to any intersection of material. It will lay so much nicer...

I sure hope you can follow along and I encourages you to make all of your pin wheels this way.
I'll be back tomorrow to share how to complete the mug rugs I'm doing.
until than. I have six to do so I better get busy .........Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment